The Innerscape Team
Ken McKenzie – Director / Senior Mechanical Engineer BE(Mech-Hons), MIPENZ, CPEng, NZCE(Mech)
Richard Ismay – Senior Electrical Engineer BE(Elect), Grad.Dip.(Lighting Design), MIPENZ, CPEng
Yan Li – Mechanical Engineer BE(Mech), PGrad.Dip.Eng.(Mechatronics), MIPENZ
Joy Cabacungan – Electrical Engineer BSEE, REE (PHL)
Our principle engineers are IPENZ Chartered Professional Engineers, and NZ Green Building Council - Green Star Accredited Professionals, and will be intimately involved in all stages of engineering design, coordination, and site observation work on your project. Unlike some consultancies, your project won’t be handed over to a junior engineer or technician to manage.
In addition to our in-house CAD and Revit drafting and 3D modeling capabilities, we have developed a very effective arrangement for outsourcing of drafting services, ensuring we can deliver high quality services drawings with excellent turn-around times.
We are proud to have been honoured with multiple design awards for our innovative building services designs including:
- Property Council of NZ Awards: Wintec Engineering and Trades (2015), Kathleen Kilgour Centre (2015); ANZ Business Centre - 247 Cameron (2013), the University of Waikato Student Centre (2013), the Don Rowlands Event Centre (2011), and Kakariki House (2009).
- New Zealand Institute of Architects Waikato/Bay of Plenty Architecture Awards: Wintec Engineering and Trades (2015), Kathleen Kilgour Centre (2015); Mystery Creek HQ building (2013), ANZ Business Center - 247 Cameron (2013), and the Sharpac Properties Building (2012).
- New Zealand Commercial Project Gold Award as well as winning the National Category for an Education Project for the Wintec Engineering and Trades Facility (2015).
- ACENZ Innovate Design Award 2004: SkyCity Riverside Casino Hamilton (also awarded Property Council of NZ Tourism Award).
- ACENZ Innovate Design Award 2000: University of Waikato - Academy of Performing Arts (also awarded Property Council of NZ Supreme Award).
Please refer to the above links to our senior engineering personnel CVs which provide brief summaries of our qualifications and general project experience.
What makes Innerscape different from other building services consultancies?
Aspects of our company culture and design approach which we believe differentiate us from our competitors include:
- Innerscape offer extensive experience in the creation of enhanced building environments through innovation and practical application of technology. In real terms, this means that we will conduct computer model analysis of the building including shading and glazing options, evaluate and select appropriate services systems, and work with the project team to deliver cost effective, energy efficient, reliable, building services systems that result in a healthy and comfortable building environment
- Our attention to building optimisation and energy efficient design minimises infrastructure and plant size and associated capital costs, as well as ongoing operational costs. Our fees and costs of implementing "green" technologies can be largely offset by the savings achieved, resulting in lower overall building costs.
- Our streamlined company structure means that we can be very efficient and competitive, and can give your project the focused attention it requires.
- We provide high quality contract documentation, and a hands-on approach to quality control construction observation inspections and commissioning. We believe that this approach delivers superior and ultimately more cost effective services installations, reducing construction delays and conflicts, and ensuring systems are installed and perform as designed.
- Our friendly and experienced professionals bring a personal approach, and are committed to establishing good working relationships, and contributing to team solutions. We believe that the best design outcomes are produced through an informed consultative process.
Our building designs are fully coordinated and optimised with the architecture, balancing installation costs of optional systems with energy efficiency payback periods to deliver best value.